Charlestowne Woodturners

A club for those turning, or wanting to learn woodturning in the Charleston SC area.
The Charlestowne Woodturners are meeting at JMO Woodworks, 70 Romney St., Charleston, SC 29403. On the 3rd Wednesday night of each month from 6:30pm-9:00pm.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Looking for help in prototyping a turned design

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DesignEngr

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-25

PostSubject: Looking for help in prototyping a turned design   Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:26 am

Hello there,
I am a Design Engineer for a company in downtown Charleston that makes very high end consumer products. I am looking for either A) someone here to take my design and it turn themselves or B) guide me to a local manufacturer that has the capability of doing it. I don't believe it will overly difficult and you will be compensated for the wood and the labor of course. Right now we need them prototyped and dealing locally would be a great time saver for us. If someone is interested, I can send you a picture of what I'm looking for. Send me a message.

Thanks,
Jordan
Back to top Go down
DesignEngr

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help in prototyping a turned design   Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:44 am

No one???
Back to top Go down
Dave W

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help in prototyping a turned design   Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:02 am

Jordan,

Sorry for the delay in response. Speaking for myself, I do not have the time to venture into another project right now. There may be someone here that can help yet. Perhaps posting a picture on here would help. If you use a site like image shack: http://imageshack.us/ All you need to do is upload it then copy and paste the Forum Code line it give you.

One place that I could recommend is Southern Lumber and Millwork Corp. You can get there contact info from here: http://www.southernlumbermillwork.com/

I wish you luck in your adventure.

Dave
Back to top Go down
DougB

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help in prototyping a turned design   Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:01 am

Size might help as well. Big difference it the object is 8" long or 8' long.
Back to top Go down
DesignEngr

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help in prototyping a turned design   Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:20 am

My fault...it is 20" end-to-end has has a varying diameter between 1" and 2".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for help in prototyping a turned design   

Back to top Go down

Looking for help in prototyping a turned design
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Charlestowne Woodturners  :: Woodturning Gerneral :: Turning Talk-
Jump to: